Easter Sunday, wasn't it?
Bunny is role-played by nobody.
About himEditBunnymund is the Rise of the Guardians re-imagining of the Easter Bunny, speaking with an Australian accent and known as the Guardian of Hope. Bunnymund is a Pooka, a philosophical warrior rabbit, and used to live with the other Pookas of his village before they were wiped out, leaving him as the only survivor. He currently lives in his Warren, an oasis deep under the surface of Australia that is said to be the birthplace of spring. He is a Pooka; a fictional rabbit species that stands between six to seven feet tall, with grayish-blue fur, flower-like imprints on both his forehead and shoulders, and bright green eyes. He wears leather bracers set with orange stones, a single-strap holster with which he carries his boomerangs, and leather wrappings on his feet. In his disbelieved state, he assumes the form of a regular rabbit, but still retains the ability to talk.
Bunnymund is a cool, calm Australian as dry as the Outback. A natural ranger, he is an In the dirt, rough and tumble protector of nature. He follows nature's rhythms and when it's time to spring into action he waits for the perfect moment to act. When he finally does, it's all over in a heart beat with the help of his exploding eggs and enchanted boomerangs. Bunny is completely unflappable. The only things that does get under his skin are North's constant ribbing about how Christmas is more important than Easter and his grudge on Jack Frost for causing a blizzard on Easter in '68. (And how Jack use to call him a Kangaroo.) Bunnymund takes great pride in Easter, and its corresponding season, Spring, stating Spring and Easter represent new beginnings, new life, and the Hope that comes of it. Aside from his tough side, Bunnymund is very afraid of Greyhounds.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Bunnymund has the physical prowess of a rabbit at its peak, enabling him incredible speed and jumping abilities.
Power over FloraEdit
Bunnymund has the power to control flora growth, sometimes making a flower grow whenever his tunnels close up. In the Warren, he has various flowers and plants with magical abilities that help him paint and decorate his easter eggs.
Bunnymund can open holes to underground tunnels by tapping his foot on the ground. This allows him to travel anywhere in the world in a matter of seconds. He taps his foot twice to travel, and appears to tap thrice to summon something from the tunnels, as he did when he summoned some of his sentinel eggs to fight Pitch and his Nightmares.
Bunnymund claims to be a master of Tai Chi with nerves of steel.
Bunnymund clearly has access to magic, given his enchanted boomerangs and explosive easter eggs.
Master Boomerang WielderEditBunnymund's weapons of choice are his enchanted boomerangs, and wields them wirh uncanny skill and swiftness. He can easily take down several Nightmares with them single-handedly, up-close or from a distance, making him a very versatile combatant.
The ability to manipulate hope the Guardian of Hope. Bunnymund can sense and manipulate the hope, including the virtue, of people, animals and other creatures, whether by increasing, decreasing, causing or otherwise channeling hope, even manifesting the emotional energy to physical level.
- His signature color is green.
- Bunnymund's signature shape is a triangle.
- His early concept art depicted him in a green robe, but the artists felt this wasn't allowing him to move as swiftly. They pulled it down to a thin lab coat, but they still didn't feel like Bunnymund was filling in their thoughts. They eventually stripped him of all clothing, and they settled on his current design.
- Bunny appears to have a soft spot for Sophie.
- William Joyce, author of the series which the movie is based on, says of Bunnymund: “Earth was originally egg-shaped, but that was rotationally unstable, so we were heading toward the sun. The planet was going to be cooked like a hard boiled egg, so against his aesthetic judgment, with his incredible digging ability, he rounded out the Earth into a rotationally more docile sphere. In doing so, he created a number of continents, among them his favorite, Australia."
- He seems to dislike the Groundhog.
- A shown when he is in the sled, Bunny appears nauseaus, therefore, Bunny suffers from airsickness.
- Bunnymund has a flock of enchanted eggs that carry out his work with great precision.
- According to the Rise of the Guardians App, Bunnymund protects spring and ensures the cycle of life, which is all symbolized through eggs.
- “In early designs, Bunny was professorial, wore a cloak, and was a little uptight. But then when Hugh was cast to play Bunny, the artists came up with this notion of him as a cool and tough Australian ranger.”
- During the scene where Jack and Toothiana are discussing Jack's memories, Bunnymund can be heard in the background. He, North, and Sandy quiet down after a bit and start paying attention to Tooth and Jack, so you can't hear what they were talking about. However, before that, he is heard telling North "I told you never to mention that!"
- “Our goal was to look at Bunny as the creator of life and to view his Warren as the birthplace of spring. This realm was once inhabited by a large population of rabbits, but today Bunny is the sole survivor. He is the Guardian of Hope. He feels this huge responsibility because if he goes, then all hope will be lost as well.”
- The pictures from Bunny and his minions, came from https://www.google.si/search?q=tooth+fairy+from+movies&biw=1680&bih=864&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=smnjVObIBsaxUZ2CgvgO&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=rotg+easter+bunny+
- The moving pictures aka gif's came from https://www.google.si/search?q=tooth+fairy+from+movies&biw=1680&bih=864&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=smnjVObIBsaxUZ2CgvgO&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=rotg+easter+bunny+gif
- The fanmade pictures came from https://www.google.si/search?q=tooth+fairy+from+movies&biw=1680&bih=864&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=smnjVObIBsaxUZ2CgvgO&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=rotg+
- The pictures from the video game, came from https://www.google.si/search?q=tooth+fairy+from+movies&biw=1680&bih=864&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=smnjVObIBsaxUZ2CgvgO&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=rotg+bunnymund+video+game
- The 'Different types' came from https://www.google.si/search?q=tooth+fairy+from+movies&biw=1680&bih=864&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=smnjVObIBsaxUZ2CgvgO&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=easter+bunny+from+movies
- Bunny's pictures from the books came from https://www.google.si/search?q=guardians+of+childhood+north&biw=1680&bih=864&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=I5kFVY6eAsSvU7-NgPgO&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=guardians+of+childhood+e.aster+bunny
Guardians of ChildhoodEditPitch, the Nightmare King, and his Fearlings had been soundly driven back by Nicholas St. North and company in the first Guardians’
This second book in The Guardians series is about much more than fixing a few rotten eggs—it brings the Guardians one step closer to defeating Pitch!
He is also the last of his kind, having the rest been killed off by Pitch.
- The-the what? What did you call me? I am not a kangaroo, mate. I'm a bunny. The Easter Bunny. People Believe in me.
- Where are the bloody seatbelts?
- Oh, rack off, ya bloody show pony!
- You don't want to race a rabbit, mate
- [To Sophie] Wanna paint some eggs, yeah?
- [About Jamie] "Sandy, knock him out." [Sandy makes a fist at Jamie] "With the dreamsand, y'gumbie!"
- [To a yeti about the eggs he's painting] "Too Christmas-y, mate. Paint 'em blue.
- Bunny: [to Jack] "He has to go"
- Jack: "What?"
- Bunny: "We should NEVER have trusted you!" [Bunny prepares to punch Jack; Jack backs away fearfully. Bunny drops his arm, dejected.] Easter... is new beginnings. New Life. Easter's about hope. and now its gone..."
- Ho, ho...[uses boomerang to hit Pitch's mare] ho!